Town of Vermont Updates
- Mark your calendar for the April 7th spring election! – Click here for voter information.
- Annual Town Meeting is coming up! April 21st at 7:00 pm at Vermont Town Hall. It would be great to see you there! Click here for more info.
- Open Book & Board of Review dates have been set. Open book will be held on April 22nd from 4-6 p.m. and Board of Review will be held on May 13th from 6-8 p.m. Click here for more information. Please contact email@example.com with any questions
State of Wisconsin News!
- A provision in the proposed 2015-17 state budget for Wisconsin includes the elimination of assessors, property tax assessment and boards of review at the local level in favor of a system implemented at the county level.
- At the 3/9 board meeting, the Vermont Board of Supervisors approved a resolution opposing the provision.
- The Wisconsin Towns Association (WTA) opposes the provision – click here for information related to the issue from the WTA
- You are encouraged to call or email Senator Jon Erpenbach (608-266-6670) and/or Assembly Representative Sondy Pope (608-266-3520) to express your opinion on the proposal.
We want to remind Vermont residents of the critical nature in maintaining their driveways to assure rapid emergency fire and EMS access when the need arises. Town ordinances 4.06-06, as well as 4.06-9, define the standards. For the ordinance, click here.
Important note: Mt. Horeb Fire Department and EMS may charge for any vehicle damage that occurs in reaching a resident’s home.